I am skipping tonights meet-up with another group of friends, because I just can't be out two nights in a row, I'm still sick, and (the icing on the cake) I found out that G is home with B who is throwing up (I left super early before B was up yet).
So...2018 isn't quite ending on a high note, but I needed to remind myself that overall its been a great year.
Highlights of the year
- Disney trip with my family
- Getting a car!
- Camping trips
- Kid-free time this summer and the trips to visit family to drop them off
- Hamilton! (going to see it, and enjoying the music as a family before & after)
- My book club: the monthly meetings and expanding beyond to other activities and a constantly entertaining messenger thread
- Harry Potter Halloween and reading books 4 and 5 this year (finishing up 5 currently) accompanied by my own listening to not one, but TWO, HP podcasts (HP and the Sacred Text and Binge Mode HP)
- Girls trip to NoLa
I really had to narrow this list down, too, and it made me smile. Now to finish work so I can go relieve G for a bit and settle into our first weekend with all 4 of us at home in a while (before we leave again next weekend...)