Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Is it really only Tuesday?

Its a call week and I can't believe its only 2/5 over! Thankfully I am NOT on this weekend.

I feel bad complaining but I am kind of also over the disruptions in our schedules having MIL around. On the one hand, yes its AMAZING that we didn't have to blink at the snow days and early closures but on the other hand, its really hard to get the kids back into the groove of a regular schedule when she is still spoiling them constantly with treats & screens. We need to reinstate some consistency and discipline dammit!

I'm doing pretty well with my healthy habits. I went to a 6:15 AM gym class, meditated, drank 2 L of water, and ate vegetables, salad, and veggie soup (plus the "fun" part of my lunch, 1 oz of cheddar with 6 water crackers).

What else? I'm reading a very long book. "Jonathon Strange & Mr. Norrell". Its...weird. Not sure how I feel about it yet, though I'm 50% through. Its good enough to keep going at least. I have to read "The Year of Yes" for book club which seems like it'll be quick & fluffy, and I have the audiobook of "Little Fires Everywhere" to get through in the next couple of weeks, too.

Our dishwasher, which is just over a year old (and thus, just out of warranty) has started not draining consistently and making a smoking/burning smell.  Argh. We are in the middle of more basement waterproofing/fixing (the waterproofing is done but now we are getting the drywall and floors put back and painting, etc..) and we just don't have the time, energy, money for ANOTHER home repair fiasco at the moment.

It was warmer during the day today so hopefully I won't be ice skating home this evening. I saw SO MANY people totally wipe out yesterday and this morning (including my kids). Walk slowly with your feet directly under your body if its icy!!




5 comments:

  1. There is actually a BBC series of Jonathon Strange & Mr. Norrell. It's pretty good if you decide not to finish the book ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t believe it’s only Wednesday morning now. Srsly. At least I’m in a better mood than I was in on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It IS a weird book. I read it quite a few years ago now. So many people told me I would love it and I just...didn't. I finished it, but I think to some degree I kept going because I kept thinking it was going to get better but it never did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand that the miniseries has more women men in it than the book...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Year of Yes is fantastic as audio and a very quick listen.

    ReplyDelete