Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Keeping Me Sane right now...

Well blah, I got sick again this weekend, some sort of hybrid cold/stomach thing and I had to bail on meeting a visiting blog friend, which sucked. I'm feeling OK now, it was thankfully short-lived. I'm glad we had the 3 day weekend for a little wiggle room.

I'm still trying to BREATHE (now that I can, without coughing), there is so much that seems uncertain and out of my control. To restore some semblance of control and peace to my life, I've been relying on the following:

  • Decluttering/organizing and giving stuff away on Buy Nothing. I'm more than half-way through my "top to bottom" purging, and things are looking & feeling way better. The less stuff I have, the more I am inspired to use it, too. And I am sort-of, maybe, just a little bit...obsessed with Buy Nothing. I am posting "gives" and organizing pick ups like a fiend. I love when my trash becomes someone's treasure. As I constantly tell G, you really never know what someone may want or need! My unwanted Indian traditional clothes are going to Bhutanese refugees. A large bagful of broken crayons are being made into a craft. Someone wanted to see if my unused magnesium tablets helped them sleep.
  • Planning. I'm planning my work days, my evenings, my weekends, and it feels good to know what I have to look forward to (or not, as the case may be). Order.
  • Reading. After a few mediocre reads, I finally hit the jackpot. I am LOVING "Truly, Madly, Guilty". Cannot put it down. Dying for 9 pm when I can read it again and get closer to figuring out the "big secret". I hope its not a let down. Even if it is, the book is peppered throughout with amazing observations about friendship, marriage, motherhood, work. Read it.
  • Meal delivery kits. I'm going to try all of them (well, some of them, maybe 4 or 5) and do a (non-sponsored, obvs) review post when I'm all done. Takes ALL the planning/weekend prep out of it, though there is a significant amount of work on the actual day to cook the damn thing. But its nice not to have to think about it. We've learned some new recipes too, which I guess is the point, to get out of your rut. We've been in a 7 year rut of rotating the same 4 recipes, eating the same thing all week, and we were both getting sick of it. Its kind of fun to have new things every day, or 3 days a week. 
You guys are killing it with the posts, too. Noemi, SHU (look at the picture of the morning pep talk), Coffee and Tea...among others...really inspiring and thought-provoking.

Back to working through my list!


10 comments:

  1. Eventually #2 on our blog is going to write a review of Purple Carrot, which she likes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Herbal treatment is 100% guarantee for HSV cure, the reason why most people are finding it difficult to cure HSV is because they believe on medical report, drugs and medical treatment which is not helpful to cure HSV. Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily eradicate herpes forever for more information about herpes cure contact  Dr Okhaide, this great herbal doctor CAN ALSO CURE SICKNESSES LIKE
      {1}HIV/AIDS
      {2}DIABETES
      {3}EPILEPSY
      {4} STROKE
      {5} HPV
      {6} PREGNANCY ISSUES
      {7} HEPATITIS
      {8}LOVE SPELL
      {9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA..
      (11)CANCER
      (12) FIBROID
      (13) Low blood pressure
      (14) Staphylococcus
      {15} Depression
      WhatsApp: +2347017709481 or email: drokhaiherbalhome@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. thank you :)

    putting your book on my list!! excited that planning is helping you and very intrigue by the meal-planning-kit reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing a lot of planning of my week and it's definitely helping. Things don't always go as I planned/hoped ("hang out night" tonight was a total bust), but I do appreciate being proactive.

    I'll get on the wait list for that book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Powerful Herbal treatment is 100% guaranteed to cure Herpes Virus, The  main reason why most people are finding it difficult to get cured from HSV 1& 2  is because they believe on medical treatment, i want you to know that drugs and medical treatments is not helpful to cure HSV permanently but it can only help you control it but the truth is in life time it will still be inside your nervous system, But Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily eradicate herpes forever. I never believed it until I was helped and cured of my 2 months genital herpes with natural herbal medicines from Dr. OKITI . Where other medical prescribed drugs and treatments failed, Dr. OKITI herbal medication helped me and cured me from herpes virus permanently and I’m so grateful for this. You can also get help from this great and powerful African Herbalist called Dr. OKITI by reaching him via email: Drokitiherbalhome100@gmail.com or call/whatsapp him at +234 705 067 0365. Thank you so much Dr. OKITI.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genuine and Amazing service on how to get back your ex. To whom it may concern, After spending hours searching the internet about how to get my lover back i was glad that i contacted Dr Akhigbe spell caster Without wasting much time i would like to write out the details of Dr Akhigbe whose details has done a lot of people a huge favor, you can contact him on drakhigbespellhome7@gmail.com. Or WhatsApp him on +2349021374574

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was diagnosed of herpes 3 years, and ever since then i have been taking treatment to prevent outbreaks, burning and blisters, but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr. VOODOO on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which i took according to his instructions for up to 2 weeks. After completing the medication i went back to my doctor for another test and the virus was all gone and i was completely cured, since then i have not had any signs of outbreak. I'm so filled with joy. With herbal medication Herpes Virus is 100% curable. I refer Dr VOODOO to everyone out there with the virus Email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com Add Dr voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete
  7. Herbal treatment is 100% guarantee for HSV cure, the reason why most people are finding it difficult to cure HSV is because they believe on medical report, drugs and medical treatment which is not helpful to cure HSV. Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily eradicate herpes forever for more information about herpes cure contact  Dr Okhaide, this great herbal doctor CAN ALSO CURE SICKNESSES LIKE
    {1}HIV/AIDS
    {2}DIABETES
    {3}EPILEPSY
    {4} STROKE
    {5} HPV
    {6} PREGNANCY ISSUES
    {7} HEPATITIS
    {8}LOVE SPELL
    {9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA..
    (11)CANCER
    (12) FIBROID
    (13) Low blood pressure
    (14) Staphylococcus
    {15} Depression
    WhatsApp: +2347017709481 or email: drokhaiherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm 61 years old. I contracted HPV in 2011' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassed some months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr voodoo herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr. voodoo he have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated hpv been in my body since 2011, Dr. voodoo make it possible for me. Here is Dr. voodoo email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via +2348140120719 he is welled capable of curing terrible diseases.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOW I GOT RID OF HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS BY DR VOODOO

    I want to inform the public how I was cured of herpes simplex Virus by a herbal Dr called VOODOO. I visited different hospitals but they gave me a list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which are very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedies on Herpes and I saw comments of people talking about how dr VOODOO cured them. I Was scared because I never believed in the Internet but I was convinced to give him a try because I had no hope of being cured of herpes so I decided to contact him on his email, i searched his email on the net and I saw a lot of people testifying about his goodness. When I contacted him he gave me hope and sent a Herbal medicine to me that I took and it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without any problems, my HERPES result came out negative. You can contact him on his what - sapp via +2348140120719 or email voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com and get all your problems solved.

    ReplyDelete