Friday, October 26, 2018

Back to the surface

After feeling like I was underwater for a while, I'm feeling like a normal human person again, and the latter part of this week has been great in lots of ways.

Weekend plans:

1) Brunch at our house after a rainy 5K tomorrow AM (honestly, I'm about 50/50 on actually running, but if the kids want to do their 1.5 mile race, I will brave the rain with them and continue on for the extra miles).

2) Making soup! Its 100% soup weather. I'm actually planning on making TWO KINDS this weekend: curried cauliflower & African peanut, because G asked for the peanut but I also happen to have a cauliflower I need to use.

3) Splitting up the boys for some time both days so that we don't have to deal with the fighting and hitting and yelling. I don't care which kid or what we do, but o.m.g. I need a break from the constant shenanigans. Options: library,  grocery shopping, Halloween costume assembling (for B...details to come), board games

4) Putting up the Halloween decorations. I had no energy. It rained. Then I was out the past few nights. Poor L has been asking me literally since October 1st and I've put him off for some reason or another (usually "I'm tired" and "its raining" and "I have to make dinner").

Anyways, trying to finish up and go get brunch groceries before I get the kids and we go home for pizza and early-ish bedtime (because the run is at EIGHT AM and we need to be there early to pick up our bibs). The kids don't get up until 7:30 on weekdays, and its weird to have to get them up even earlier on a weekend but maybe they will go to bed early Saturday night? ha. ha ha ha ha ha.








1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend. Glad you are starting to feel better. I am also planning to make soup this weekend...it's my favourite thing about the transition to fall/winter. Can you share the recipes for yours?

    ReplyDelete