- For the first time maybe EVER I kinda felt envy for those whose partners were doing something (anything!) for Valentine's day (I know! Its not like me). It was an absolute non-event here, except the kids got a lot of candy from school and were annoying in the evening. I think part of me deep down expected something? And then I feel ridiculous because its not like I did anything for G, either, so...
- I cannot stop listening to "Super-symmetry" by Arcade Fire. Its been on repeat for 3 hours and I have no urge to change it. I haven't listened to a song on repeat like this since the 90s.
- I lined up a sitter for Saturday evening but have no plans. I wanted to just wander around and find somewhere to eat. Its supposed to be a nice day (not freezing, not raining, not snowing).
- Because its going to be such a nice day, I'm bummed that I have to work that morning (which will likely stretch into afternoon). I appreciate that we do need to improve "patient access" but I sure hate giving up a Saturday to see non-urgent clinic patients.
- Whenever I start feeling blah, the urge to shop starts building up. The first step is admitting you have a problem?
- The boys are so so cute and infuriating and delightful and exhausting every minute all in one. So much EMOTION it is constantly just bursting out...for better or worse.
- I've been reading a LOT this year. Its given way this week to watching House of Cards. So deliciously evil and addictive. Its interesting watching that with the other show we're making our way through...The West Wing. Total juxtaposition of feel-good vs. feel-like-you-need-a shower political drama. Everyone in the Bartlett administration is just so likeable whereas everyone Frank Underwood comes into contact with seems to be capable of murder or worse.
- I started training for a 10-mile run. Well. "Training". Today I did a 2 mile walk/run because there was just still so much ice out there and I kept slipping. Back to the treadmill I go. I ordered some supposedly small and comfortable headphones made especially for women because regular ones just do not stay in my ear (and they hurt). Music and podcasts will help.
Thursday, February 20, 2014
Bullets for all!
Nothing to report, just nothing to write these days. Things are...OK. We were all healthy for a while, but I'm sick today, and working from home. Its been miraculously productive, so I'm taking a wee break to bring you some random thoughts.