Monday, February 3, 2014

Oasis

Winter 2014 could be summed up with the words: SICK and SNOW. Add bitter bitter COLD perhaps to really get the feel of it.

This weekend where all 4 of us were healthy, and we had glorious highs in the 40s and 50s with nothing wet falling from the sky was like a glorious oasis in the dark, icy desert.

I went running, we went to the park, the kids had an absolute blast at a concert (B's birthday present, to see his favorite singer), G and I finally had our 2-weeks-delayed at home date night, we went to a fundraiser party for the boys' school and capped off the weekend with an un-Superbowl party (i.e. we ate food, drank beer and did NOT watch the game). The best part was actually having ENERGY after 4 weeks of dragging in a congested, headache-y haze. I had no problems barreling through our chores and cooking in the limited time we had in between fun activities.

Now L has a fever of 102, and we are supposed to get 8 inches today. But it was so so great while it lasted.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, that all sounds so horrible (the snow and bitter cold and SICK part). I'm so glad you got a much needed respite this weekend. I hope L feels better soon and that the 8 inches aren't too debilitating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This winter sucks. I am SO over it. We totally have a spring countdown going on in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been a terrible winter! We have finally had two healthy weeks in a row, and I am counting my blessings (and praying it lasts for our trip to Disney in a week). Hope L is on the mend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lady, I feel you. Except your version is actually WORSE than mine and I am going NUTSO. I'm so glad you got some palm trees and sand before heading back out into the burning desert. Hmmm...burning desert sounds pretty good...

    ReplyDelete