- F&^k insomnia. seriously. I got 2 hours of sleep last night. I do not want to talk about it
- And I just STAYED IN BED the whole time because I was afraid to go back downstairs because the F&#&ing mice are apparently back
- Also I wrote "Stayed in bed" because the lay/lie thing confounds me
- And when I was finally FINALLY drifting off, G started snoring. This happened 5 times until I moved into the guest room and got those 2 hours of sleep.
- G is at home with both boys. L is home sick so he decided to pick B up from school instead of sending him to aftercare. B had it last weekend---fever/tired/vomiting. OMG I CANNOT GET IT!
- I am taking a break from proofreading the grant I'm turning in tomorrow as well as some talks I am giving Saturday
- My MIL is coming tomorrow, for 22 days. Insomnia may or may not be related.
- I am traveling to a conference Sunday-Friday (the conference is actually M-Th) Its an area of research I am trying really hard to break into AND I'm rooming with a BF that moved far away so YAY!
- Bathing suit shopping. 7th circle of hell, amiright? I need to return yet another one. UGH. Recs for good separates where the bottom comes in a mid-rise but isn't TOO covering/frumpy and a bikini top that is actually supportive but also not TOO covering/frumpy? I can't find that holy grail. Also they have to have free shipping AND returns.
- I learned not to ask G for his "honest opinion" re: above. We shan't talk about that, either.
- We finished all the evaluation with B and got our diagnoses=mild/borderline ASD and ADHD. He started a social skills therapy session weekly. The school was supposed to call last week to discuss further evals and IEP but I haven't heard so I need to call them.
- We finished House of Cards season 4. What to watch next?
- To end on a positive note, its beautiful outside. I was falling asleep so I took a little walk and got lunch from a food cart.
- Also planning a nice date night plus a dinner with friends while MIL is here.
Thursday, April 14, 2016
Updates, in Bullet Form
In no particular order: