Monday, November 20, 2017

Back on the Wagon?

Whoa, I fell off the blogging wagon big time! One busy day after another and then I just forgot. I'm just sorry that I left off on such a negative note last week. I did find writing that post to be helpful---once I identified the things bringing me down, I could go through and take steps to change things.
For example, I made myself stay up a little later to hang out with G and I scheduled a date night in early December. I contacted a friend about running together in the evenings, since I can't motivate myself to go alone in the dark.

The weekend was good. My sister and her family came down Saturday morning and stayed until Sunday afternoon. The kids had a BLAST with their cousins and basically left us adults alone to chill out and chat all day, which was great. We also took it a step further and were up past midnight drinking & eating too much. It was extremely fun but I paid for it BIG TIME Sunday. I haven't been this hungover in a long long time. 4 hours of sleep after mixing cocktails, beer, and wine just...ugh.

Thankfully G was feeling fine and able to pick up some slack with chores. I did manage to plant my fall bulbs (tulips, daffodils, hyacinth) and do laundry. I went to bed at 8:30 PM and woke up 9 hours later feeling 110% better.

I had my PT appointment this morning and am feeling hopeful! My back feels better and we "challenged it" a little with some strengthening exercises. I like forward progress. My sister is letting me use her barre3 subscription and actually made a list of "back-friendly" workouts from when she had an issue last year, so I may try a few of those out this week.

I am definitely feeling less blah. Maybe because the sun is shining. Or the 9 hours of sleep I got last night. Or the prospect of a day off (I do have to work on Friday). I'll try to make up for the lost posts this week (I think I owe you guys 5 extra).

No comments:

Post a Comment