Monday, November 13, 2017

Weekend 11/11...the good/bad/ugly

Forgot to write yesterday so you'll get double posts one day this week, because my goal was 30 in 30.
 
here on a rainy Monday morning, with a hopefully not too negative perspective on the weekend.
 
The Good:
  • Friday night movie night was definitely a win-win. The boys watched Charlotte's Web while G and I had cocktails and conversation.
  • I gave a talk at a CME program my division put on for primary care providers. It went well despite minimal preparation and I got good questions
  • We went to my cousin's house for dinner and it was nice. She lives in the area yet we never see each other, because an hour drive is still a bit much. She is pretty cool and a fantastic cook and this was a good step in trying to establish a closer relationship.
  • I made a big batch of Thai curry butternut squash soup for the neighborhood soup group (6 households take turns making soup and sharing). It turned out perfect, and I've got 3 servings for lunches in the fridge.
  • I tried on all my new clothes/shoes and had many winners! I'm wearing my gray wedge boots today!
The Bad:
  • I didn't get to exercise at all. My back hurt at baseline and I didn't feel comfortable pushing my luck with a run.
  • I overate/drank all weekend
  • The new pizza place was meh.
  • I forgot to plant my bulbs. Its getting pretty late in the season.
The Ugly:


  • The undercurrent to all of this was that the kids were in terrible form all day Saturday and most of Sunday. B just woke up grumpy and complained his way throughout the weekend. L likes to egg him on and there was lots of fighting/hitting. Ugh.
 

1 comment:

  1. Ugly sounds ugly, but good sounds great! Movie night for the WIN. Any chance you have a link or source for the soup? Sounds awesome :)

    ReplyDelete