- Major LOLs for suggesting my MIL assist with settling into routines. She is the anti-thesis of routines. Doesn't believe in: bed-time, limits on sugar and screen-time, any forms of discipline for the kids. Its been OK so far, while she doesn't help promote the routine she has gotten much better at not subverting our efforts.
- I ran the 10 miler this Sunday. Last time I did it (2 years ago) it was an awesome, exhilarating experience. This time it sucked. I got a headache 3 miles in that turned into a major migraine and basically I lost the whole day afterwards. My time was abysmal. I did, however, finish. I went for a 3-mile run Tuesday and it was glorious. I hope to continue running this spring before it gets too hot. I noticed that (aside from Sunday's migraine experience), the long runs I've been doing most weekends were really really amazing for stress-relief and moderating my mood/temper all weekend. It only worked if I ran more than an hour, though.
- The kids are driving us all bananas with their constant physical violence against each other. Its easier to keep them completely separated at all times, but then how will they ever learn to play together nicely? They just have to go out of their way to constantly hit/push-over/bite/step-on each other until someone (almost always L) ends up in tears. This begins with our morning stop in the bathroom and continues through bedtime stories.
- I've realized something about myself---I've become pretty lazy. I really just want to chill out. Maybe its spring fever? I have no desire to do anything, including my paid work. Obviously I do what I need to do, but its like pulling teeth every day.
- There is a huge backlog of things I really really want to get through, particularly as we have some extra child-care help this month:
- organize and purge my clothes, return on-line purchases that didn't work out, get a sense of what I need for the summer
- go to garden center for seeds & plants and set up window-boxes and container garden
- plan out summer travel, price & buy tickets
- financial overhaul
- find and set up meeting with financial planner (yes, yes, I know this isn't necessary & may be a waste of $$, but since neither of us have a head for this kind of thing, it may be helpful for our peace of mind to make sure we aren't making any major mistakes. and if we are, fixing them asap).
- Set up schedule to review credit card bills, bank statements, etc...
- Look into loose "fun money" budget for each of us and for kids' stuff. I just don't feel like I have a handle on where our money is going.
- Taxes went up like 400% this year (major tax overhaul by city...its actually more fair this way, but...yikes) and we need to make sure we can make the new mortgage/escrow payments.
- deal with pile on desk---some of this (i.e. license renewal for license expiring in 2 weeks) is important stuff
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
I have about a dozen things I want to write about, but my evenings are busy with catching up on Game of Thrones so bullet points it is!