I'm a cliche cheeseball, but I like choosing a "theme" for the year. in 2015, I chose "Strength". Did I achieve it? Physically---YES. I've gained a ton of muscle all over, especially in my back/shoulders. I can lift & carry heavy stuff for once in my life! Mentally---maybe? I still feel full of anxieties and fears and doubts, but I think I'm making forward progress. I can't expect this goal to ever be fully "met"---its going to be a constant work in progress and as long as I'm making even the slightest forward progress I'm calling it a win.
I thought I'd chosen my 2016 word a few weeks back when I commented on Gretchen Rubin's post about wanting to focus on noticing the good & wonderful things around me. SOmeone suggested "delight" and I loved it! Who wouldn't? What a great happy word! But in really thinking through my goals for the year, I changed my mind. My word for 2016 will be: Lighter.
Yes, I want to lose a few pounds this year (and more on how I hope to do that later), but I also want to lighten my mood, my mind, my stuff, my
I also made a "Fun List" for 2015. Lets see how I did, shall we?
Vacation, just the 4 of usOur San Diego trip was AMAZING
- Orchestra performance
- Summer concert in the park
- Museum exhibit without the kids
Do an "activity" date---take a class, go bowling, etc...We went bowling in August
- Find 4 new bands/artists that I like
Ice-skating, with B (G refuses, L is too little)Took B in February
- Host a party at our house
Celebrate birthdays in big (yet small) waysAll 4 birthdays were celebrated See Fourth of July fireworksSort of, we all lit the little fireworks at my sister's house, but hte kids fell asleep before the city fireworks went off since they delayed them for rain for over an hour Weekend away without the kidsWe had two one-night trips alone in March & then December, and had a 2 night trip to visit friends when staying with my parents in September
- Vacation just the 4 of us
- Establish near-daily meditation practice
- Ice Skating with BOTH kids
- go to the beach
- Eat low carb for at least 4 weeks
- Weekend away without kids
- 40th birthday trip with friends
- Keep in touch with 4 good friends from out of town (totally lost touch with one, but need reminder to stay in touch with other 3)
- Organize all the digital pictures we have from 2009-2012 (I'll tackle 2013-2016 next year)