The idea is actually from Gretchen Rubin's "Happier" podcast, they did "18 for 2018" and are doing it again this year...its basically a selection of big and small goals to accomplish within the next 12 months. I didn't have the energy to even attempt this last year, but I was feeling it this year! Some of the items stem from the priorities/goals I have already discussed, and some are just...fun. I've added some explanation as needed...
1. Compost I signed up for the free trial for a city collection, they are delivering the bucket tomorrow and if I like it, we will sign up for weekly pickups. for years I've been meaning to "make my own" because I hated the idea of paying for it...but I hate even more how much trash we generate!
2. Get glasses My vision has changed for the worse with age. I have a prescription, just have to pick out the glasses now.
3. Use Instant Pot Bought it as a Black Friday deal...still sitting in basement. Recipes welcome!
4. Laser bikini/legs Did my armpits last fall. Life changing. Worth every penny. Can't believe I waited this long.
5. Find a therapist
6. Reach xxx weight (i.e. jeans fit comfortably)
7. Read War and Peace.
8. Drive our car once/month. I have a semi-phobia about this, after so many years not driving, so I'm trying to intentionally get more practice.
9. Renew passports & get TSA precheck
10. Try going without housecleaner X 6 months. We fired the cleaner last month because they were becoming really terrible and it was more stressful to have to explain what to do and get everything ready than it would be to just do the damn thing ourselves. If it doesn't work out well I will find someone new.
11. One-on-one dates with kids once/season
12. Date nights out twice/month
13. Go to play on Broadway with friends
14. Go to the beach
15. Plan a holiday/winter trip somewhere warm
16. Camping with the dog
17. Summer road trip somewhere cool
18. Host brunch 3 times with different groups of friends
19. Submit 2 big grants