Monday, June 17, 2013

A great weekend

We had, as you may have guessed, a great weekend. What was different about this weekend was not that I enjoyed it---I've enjoyed most of our weekends over the past few months. No, the amazing part was that even grumpy ol' G told me last night that "this weekend was so nice...I'm usually counting down until Monday, but somehow this seemed better".

So of course I am trying to figure out how to recreate this feeling...I'm not going to bore you all with a play-by-play, but I'm thinking through the main elements of the weekend.

1) We both got to workout once (I did Saturday, G did Sunday)
2) Finally took care of some errands that were bothering G much more than me
3) Social activity
4) Sunday cooking was done in the morning so the rest of the day was free-ish
5) Date night Sunday night (early anniversary dinner)
6) I was present the entire time---the past few weekends I've had social events and G was manning the fort alone

I think it was mostly #6 that made the weekend feel better for him. I'd be happy for G to get out of the house and see friends or do whatever, but he won't plan anything. Not my problem, right?

2 comments:

  1. I kind of don't like the part where your spouse admits to counting down till Monday, because I would have a hard time not taking that personally,but otherwise, sounds like a really smart combination of taking care of business and taking care of yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is karmic justice for you, we had one of the lousiest weekends of the year, feverish babe with a heat of wave, and over here the heat is humid and sticky, so sleep was at best elusive. Fuck, I wish I never have another weekend like this.

    ReplyDelete