We had, as you may have guessed, a great weekend. What was different about this weekend was not that I enjoyed it---I've enjoyed most of our weekends over the past few months. No, the amazing part was that even grumpy ol' G told me last night that "this weekend was so nice...I'm usually counting down until Monday, but somehow this seemed better".
So of course I am trying to figure out how to recreate this feeling...I'm not going to bore you all with a play-by-play, but I'm thinking through the main elements of the weekend.
1) We both got to workout once (I did Saturday, G did Sunday)
2) Finally took care of some errands that were bothering G much more than me
3) Social activity
4) Sunday cooking was done in the morning so the rest of the day was free-ish
5) Date night Sunday night (early anniversary dinner)
6) I was present the entire time---the past few weekends I've had social events and G was manning the fort alone
I think it was mostly #6 that made the weekend feel better for him. I'd be happy for G to get out of the house and see friends or do whatever, but he won't plan anything. Not my problem, right?