- Interesting discussion on my last post. See also Gwinne's posts for more on the topic.
- G & I talked about doing more with our weekend evenings (as a family). We booked a twice weekly dog-sitter, so we don't have to rush home with L while the other takes B to karate---we can go to a park or library or dinner. Its a cost, but we are searching for cheaper dogwalkers
- G is joining me on the no-booze weeknights. This is week 3 for me, though I fell of the wagon one night this week (not counting the 2 happy hours, because my rule was "no booze at home" to curtail the automatic glass of wine or 3 every night)
- I went way over my "allowance" budget for this month due to 2 happy hours and 1 lunch where I treated my leaving tech on her last day and my new tech as a welcome. Worth it. That'll just mean less times I buy crap food from the cafeteria next month
- Finalized aftercare for B, starting the 2nd day of school (I took the first day off...I'm nervous for him, and we'll do something special since its a BIG DEAL!). There is a class everyday that we can opt into, too. I paid for 5 classes for the 2 weeks of September, and we'll see what he likes and then pay for only those going forward (art/drama/karate/gymnastics/dance). Cheaper than daycare, but just barely. But we can pay via CC & get cash back!
- Worked from home yesterday. Productive & much less hectic. Will have to start planning to do that once/week. Had dinner ready to go by the time everyone walked on (in fact, they were late, and I was starving, so I'd already eaten and could run around getting things for them)
- Also need to plan for better weeknights for myself. If I'm not working I'm either watching TV or just scrolling through facebook/email/blogs on my phone. (or reading, but I have no books right now, they'll all come in a clump soon--I'm number 2-5 on a lot of holds at the library).
- Plans for weekend: work out at gym saturday, run with B again on Sunday. Swimming at Y saturday PM. Family movie Sunday PM. Very low key, but that's what we need right now.
Have a great weekend!