Thursday, February 25, 2016

A Rather Blustery Day

It is so cold and windy! At least it stopped raining. Last night it was howling wind and lashing rain. I couldn't sleep until it stopped, around midnight? And then at some point L came into our room, woke me from the deepest dreamless stage of my sleep cycle (do your kids do this? just come and STARE at you until you wake up? and nearly scream to see their little eyes 2 inches from you? For NO REASON? thankfully its not common anymore) and I was up most of the rest of the night, listening to G snore (he has a cold). At some point I realized I should turn off my 5:30 AM alarm, so I got to "sleep in" until 6:30 instead. But I didn't get to go to the gym.

Can I say? That crappy day I was whining about on Tuesday? It ONLY GOT WORSE. And the past 2 days have been no picnic either.

Tuesday I made it through the day. As I left work, with my umbrella at the ready to protect me from the rain, the wind picked up and turned my umbrella inside out. I finally got it righted and closed, and had to walk the 1.5 miles to pick B up from aftercare with the wind blowing the rain directly into my face. When I got there, I was informed that he got in 3 time outs, for jumping off the stage when he was told not to, repeatedly, and for throwing balls at the faces of his friends & scratching them.  And then lying that he didn't do it (he later told me he did, and why). The way I acted towards B on the way home was not my proudest moment.

And then I got home and had to make dinner & clean the kitchen & make lunches (because, of course, the kids wanted to play with daddy and mommy is mean) which, fine, but....

WE HAD NO WINE

Yesterday I had to leave work at 2pm to get B and take him to a doctor's appointment. Which was not particularly encouraging. But at least B was in a good mood, we got home early and played Connect 4 & he "helped" me make dinner.

Today I was working from home, because they were delivering the washer & dryer. they came in the morning and everything is set up, will have to read the manual, our old washer was the old school top load with 2 dials, this is fancy front load electric everything. But yay for not having to go to the laundromat this weekend (L will be sad, he LOVED putting the coins in!)

I had a routine "report card conference" with B's teacher this afternoon and it...confirmed a lot of the concerns I already had, which was surprisingly upsetting (not trying to vague-blog, just...not ready to get advice or input until we've done some more evaluation). And here we are. I need to go back out into the wind and walk the dog. And make some dinner.

And we still have no wine.

I feel like I'm struggling to get out from underwater and hands keep pushing me back in. Its just one thing after another right now, several big things in fact as well as the usual little things. I need to keep positive, there is really no other way to stay afloat.

4 comments:

  1. G needs to go out and pick up some wine. I'm so sorry. I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks, Ana. Hang in there it will get better. I second the suggestion that G get you wine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah- every once in a while, A will come into our bedroom and just stare at me until I wake up. And it scares the life out of me every time.

    It's sad when getting a new washer and dryer is the highlight of you week, but it's something, right? Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete