Consistent bright spots:
- Being outside in nice weather
- Being outside with the kids in at least halfway-decent weather (the park!)
- Snuggling with L (he's my cuddly one)
- Watching the kids play together
- Finishing a tough workout
- Finishing a tough project (taxes, a presentation)
- A good book
I noticed that my list doesn't contain the superficial things I usually think of as "treats" that I try to give myself when I'm feeling down---no good food, glass of wine, TV show, new clothes. I guess those things are mere distractions, and don't really heal the problem.
I'd like to add more to this list---and then fill my life as full as I can with these moments---its nice to know how I can control my happiness to some extent.