I slept well and did a really hard LIFT4 legs workout this morning. Now I'm supposed to be catching up on work but...reading and commenting on blogs instead.
I realized that this is actually the only weekend this summer that we are all at home with no traveling plans.
- June 11-13th (last day of school): Camping with friends
- June 19th: I drove the kids to my parents, stayed the night, and drove back myself*. They stayed for the week
- June 26th: Drove to my parents, picked up them and kids, and drove to S.C. for the beach trip (this was a long LONG day, 6 AM to 10 PM)
- July 3-4th: Drove back, stayed overnight at parents' and drove home in AM
- July 10-11th: Camping with friends
- July 24th: fly to MIL-town
- July 31st: G & I fly back home, leaving kids
- August 10th G flies back and then returns with kids on August 15th
- August 21st: Drive to ME
- August 28th: Home from ME
- August 31st: School Starts
Oh and then my sister visits for Labor Day, I'm on call the next weekend, speaking at a conference (in town) the next weekend, and we are planning an amusement park trip for L's birthday the next weekend.
BUT! I will have 2 weeks kid free while they stay with MIL and 5 days ALL TO MYSELF when G goes back to spend more time with his family. I am so excited. I had a weekend all to myself once, 2 years ago, and it was THE BEST THING EVER and I was so calm and happy and ready for them to be back. G's had a couple of weekends to himself lately (I've taken the kids to my parents) and he says he's lonely.
We are different people clearly. I need a lot of time to myself. I have not been getting it. It has affected my mental health & my relationships. I need some absence to make my heart grow fonder.
I should get to work. We have friends coming over for a play date/dinner and they have many food restrictions and I need to figure something out without dairy or gluten.
*I actually remembered that I enjoy driving. I do NOT enjoy sitting in the car while someone else drives, for hours on end.