Highlights of the week:
- I got the kids to bed (like said goodnight, closed the door) by 9:30 every night. This is (sadly) an improvement
- The Loki season finale. So fun to have a show to look forward to together.
- The Kindle Paperwhite I ordered 3 weeks ago finally came in
- Surging COVID numbers all over the place and 2 unvaccinated kids and travel plans
Things I Learned About Myself This Week
- I cannot do "deep work" in the afternoon after a morning clinic, especially when I cram in a full day's patients into a 5 hour session
- I am a moderator. Except for extra toasty Cheez-Its. I need to abstain and be "free from Cheez-its"
- I am still terrible at saying no to things that "sound interesting" and are WAY in the future where time and energy seem boundless. I need to remember "If its not a HELL YES it should be a HELL NO" (heard on a podcast, not sure which?)
Have meetings scheduled today 10-4 (last one ended early, hence this post). Looking forward to a weekend with absolutely nothing planned. I need to catch up on the work I didn't do yesterday afternoon and will obviously not be doing today