Tuesday, August 22, 2017

We left our hearts...

The kids are with MIL for the next 11 days. G and I got home Saturday night after a pretty busy and not-quite-relaxing week with all of us together. I feel like we should REALLY TAKE ADVANTAGE of our kid-free time, and yet, we have nothing major planned.

I feel like I've been given an incredible opportunity that I don't want to squander away.

Things I want to do (other than the usual "catch-up and hopefully get ahead on work" list that is miles long after a week away).
  • Cook a few fancy meals for the two of us
  • Visit 2 summer beer gardens
  • Harvest and do something with the overgrown herbs in the backyard (suggestions for what to do with basil that isn't pesto? How about oregano, sage, and thyme?)
  • Re-organize the boys clothes for the school year and fill any wardrobe holes
  • Massive de-clutter of clothes & toys and give away/donate (i.e. get the hell out of my house) everything
  • 2 outings with friends
  • Use restaurant gift card for low-key dinner out
  • Buy myself some new pants for work (its SO FREEZING in our clinic space that I can't wear my standby of dresses/skirts until I can add tights again, and now that I'm there for full days, its a quality of life issue!) Current pants are all too big! I will keep them for sure, but now I wish I didn't get rid of all my old ones when I gained weight)
  • Try a couple of workout classes: BodyCombat at the gym, beginner yoga, SolidCore  and try some evening workouts too for the days I have to get into work too early to workout
  • Think through some ideas/changes for our new routine this fall. With L starting KG and aftercare, new activity schedules, and my new work schedule, we are going to need to shake-up our mornings/evenings some. I want to streamline dinner so we can actually just PLAY and hang out in the evenings and come up with ways to further decrease the "chore footprint" on the weekends so we can relax
Writing it all out makes it seem pretty ambitious, actually. I'll report back on the 31st.

4 comments:

  1. 11 days?! I am so envious :)

    I'm hoping next summer Tiny Boy will be big enough to ship off to grandma when LG is at camp.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy 11 days!

    Maybe make some bruschetta with the basil? I mix chopped tomatoes, basil, garlic, and salt and the put it on top of lightly toasted bread. Mmmm. Tastes like summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even imagine having that much time to cull my daughters toy collection. That sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete