I feel like I've been given an incredible opportunity that I don't want to squander away.
Things I want to do (other than the usual "catch-up and hopefully get ahead on work" list that is miles long after a week away).
- Cook a few fancy meals for the two of us
- Visit 2 summer beer gardens
- Harvest and do something with the overgrown herbs in the backyard (suggestions for what to do with basil that isn't pesto? How about oregano, sage, and thyme?)
- Re-organize the boys clothes for the school year and fill any wardrobe holes
- Massive de-clutter of clothes & toys and give away/donate (i.e. get the hell out of my house) everything
- 2 outings with friends
- Use restaurant gift card for low-key dinner out
- Buy myself some new pants for work (its SO FREEZING in our clinic space that I can't wear my standby of dresses/skirts until I can add tights again, and now that I'm there for full days, its a quality of life issue!) Current pants are all too big! I will keep them for sure, but now I wish I didn't get rid of all my old ones when I gained weight)
- Try a couple of workout classes: BodyCombat at the gym, beginner yoga, SolidCore and try some evening workouts too for the days I have to get into work too early to workout
- Think through some ideas/changes for our new routine this fall. With L starting KG and aftercare, new activity schedules, and my new work schedule, we are going to need to shake-up our mornings/evenings some. I want to streamline dinner so we can actually just PLAY and hang out in the evenings and come up with ways to further decrease the "chore footprint" on the weekends so we can relax