Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Just can't get enough....

Sleep, that is. Or rest, really. Restful sleep?

I've been so so so so tired. I've stripped down my life to the core essentials and yet I still struggle to make it through the day lately. I've been needing 8-9 hours of sleep which...doesn't leave a lot of room for anything else.

I decided to talk to my psychiatrist about getting off the P@xil, because its a known sedating drug, so I'm on a slow wean off. I went last week from 25 to 20 mg and this weekend to 15 mg. When I get to 10 mg (and I keep putting this off because I'm a little scared), I'm supposed to add some Proz@c because there are real psychological withdrawal symptoms with coming off P@xil, apparently.

If anything, I've been even more exhausted as I've lowered the doses. I'm trying to be kind to myself---I'm sleeping in, eating a bit more (I was also constantly hungry since I was trying to lose weight), skipping workouts and unessential tasks. I get my work done, take care of the kids, and go to bed. I definitely notice that I'm more anxious and overall more emotional. I feel kind of nauseous (eating helps) and achey all over (compounded by the flu shot I got Friday!)

I skipped a camping trip with the boys and stayed home this weekend to organize winter clothes, meal plan & prep for the week, and generally take care of things so that I could conserve energy through the week.

I just want to feel like myself again. I hope this medication change helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment