Friday, December 14, 2018

2018 Highlights

I did make cookies after all, I went with my go-to recipe. The party was fun and I'm glad I went, but I was every-so-slightly hungover this morning and it took a while to recover (I didn't even drink that much! Stupid aging!)

I am skipping tonights meet-up with another group of friends, because I just can't be out two nights in a row, I'm still sick, and (the icing on the cake) I found out that G is home with B who is throwing up (I left super early before B was up yet).

So...2018 isn't quite ending on a high note, but I needed to remind myself that overall its been a great year.

Highlights of the year

  • Disney trip with my family 
  • Getting a car!
  • Camping trips 
  • Kid-free time this summer and the trips to visit family to drop them off
  • Hamilton! (going to see it, and enjoying the music as a family before & after)
  • My book club: the monthly meetings and expanding beyond to other activities and a constantly entertaining messenger thread
  • Harry Potter Halloween and reading books 4 and 5 this year (finishing up 5 currently) accompanied by my own listening to not one, but TWO, HP podcasts (HP and the Sacred Text and Binge Mode HP)
  • Girls trip to NoLa
I really had to narrow this list down, too, and it made me smile. Now to finish work so I can go relieve G for a bit and settle into our first weekend with all 4 of us at home in a while (before we leave again next weekend...)






1 comment:

  1. A good year - with activities for you and everyone in the family. Do you think this is better than previous years on the you/family seesaw? I think I still need a bit more on the 'me' side of the seesaw. Happy holidays. Bluesneakers

    ReplyDelete