Monday, November 9, 2020

Gritty

So proud of my city. I see so much beauty in this dirty, historic, delicious, uncouth mass of contradictions. And I cried happy tears Saturday afternoon and again, watching our first female VP speak to all the black and brown little girls seeing a new possibility.

Four years ago, I wrote that we were in the "Upside Down"*. Yesterday, the song in my head was "The World Turned Upside Down" from Hamilton. Especially this part:

"Tens of thousands of people flood the streets
There are screams and church bells ringing"

And of course "We won, we won, we won, we won!"

I know there is a lot of work ahead. But I reveled in the relief for a day. 

*Stranger Things reference that was relevant at the time. I'm not linking because I don't want to read it today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment