Friday, January 20, 2017

Mostly Black

I'm wearing a black dress, a black jacket, black tights, black boots, black earrings...and a psychedelic peace sign necklace plus a neon bead necklace (from my children).

Breathing. Focusing on work, and getting things done. I had lunch with a friend, it was good timing. We commiserated. And ate yummy food.

I am mostly likely taking my boys to our local Women's March tomorrow. We'll go for a short time. Then we have a packed weekend. Fun stuff: a play, date night, a play date at the museum. And the mundane: grocery shopping, food prepping, working out.

It feels surreal. I keep saying that, because it continues to be true. I woke up in the middle of the night, and remembered. And its like the bottom dropped out. How can this be our reality? What does the future hold?


I usually stay clear of melodrama, but I really wanted to make a statement. So I'm in mostly black.


9 comments:

  1. Being with like-minded folks right now is so important.

    In solidarity, Ana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in all black, too. I have a colorful scarf on, though, held in place with a pin shaped like an origami paper crane. They symbolized peace after the bombing in Hiroshima. I am crying, and I'm terrified. Every time my phone dings with a news story, I'm afraid it's going to say that protesters have been killed, or there's a nuclear war.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where and when is this march and can I come too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at women's march on Philadelphia. Tomorrow 10-3, from logans square to Eakins oval. Lots of people bringing kids

      Delete
    2. Thousands have registered, definitely come!

      Delete
  5. I hope you enjoyed the philly march! I went to the one in D.C. It was inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Powerful Herbal treatment is 100% guaranteed to cure Herpes Virus, The  main reason why most people are finding it difficult to get cured from HSV 1& 2  is because they believe on medical treatment, i want you to know that drugs and medical treatments is not helpful to cure HSV permanently but it can only help you control it but the truth is in life time it will still be inside your nervous system, But Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily eradicate herpes forever. I never believed it until I was helped and cured of my 2 months genital herpes with natural herbal medicines from Dr. OKITI . Where other medical prescribed drugs and treatments failed, Dr. OKITI herbal medication helped me and cured me from herpes virus permanently and I’m so grateful for this. You can also get help from this great and powerful African Herbalist called Dr. OKITI by reaching him via email: Drokitiherbalhome100@gmail.com or call/whatsapp him at +234 705 067 0365. Thank you so much Dr. OKITI.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was diagnosed of herpes 3 years, and ever since then i have been taking treatment to prevent outbreaks, burning and blisters, but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr. VOODOO on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which i took according to his instructions for up to 2 weeks. After completing the medication i went back to my doctor for another test and the virus was all gone and i was completely cured, since then i have not had any signs of outbreak. I'm so filled with joy. With herbal medication Herpes Virus is 100% curable. I refer Dr VOODOO to everyone out there with the virus Email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com Add Dr voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete