Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Getting me Down

I've been feeling a little blah lately and I was trying to figure out why. Turns out, I have good reason. here is a list, in no particular order:

  • Not being able to work out. I miss it. It's one of the few things in my day to day life that is just for me and is actually fun. I just start off the day feeling energized and confident after a good workout. I need to think of some way to re-incorporate some fun (i.e. not indoor elliptical machine at the gym by myself)  physical activity that does not aggravate my back pain.
  • The news. I spend minimal time trying to stay up to date, but even 2 minutes is enough some days to make me doubt humanity.
  • The impending holiday season. I mentioned that I love Halloween because its a holiday that lacks family obligations and drama. Thanksgiving and Christmas are ALL ABOUT obligation and drama. I feel like its all on ME and me alone (because G is completely uninvested) to create some sort of joy and magic and tradition for the next 6 weeks, and its exhausting. 
  • The kids have been in bad moods. Especially L, who is tired in the morning and tired in the evening and I think has reflux (we have his well child in 10 days so I'll discuss a trial of H2 blocker) which makes meals an post-meals quite grumpy (poor guy). But I am over him hitting me and calling me names. Then I yell. Then I don't like myself for yelling. Vicious terrible cycle which is pretty much our everyday lately. I'm not sure when he made it to school today because I left him after 10 minutes of him not putting his coat on, so that B wouldn't be late. (G was getting ready & took him when he was done, but I don't know the timing of all that).
  • G and I haven't really spent much quality time together lately. Its been over a month since we've had a date night, and at home, I either go to bed right after the kids, or we watch TV. 
  • I also haven't had much social interaction lately. I need some quality time with friends every couple of weeks and again, its been about a month. 
  • Our amazing (seriously, best ever in the whole world) dog is getting old and its starting to show. I probably shouldn't have read Lily and the octopus, its making me look at her with a sense of impending loss. We had to get an afternoon walker because she's been having accidents frequently. She is 11ish (we don't know her actual birthday), which is really quite old for a big dog. :(
Thought download over. Next up, how to cheer myself up. 

11 comments:

  1. I hear you, Ana. I've been thinking of paying for a second walk for our dog since she can't really hold it more than 6 hours anymore. This is probably just the beginning of the big decline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Information. Thanks for sharing such a nice information.
    exams
    healthcare
    lifestyle
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nice Information. Thanks for sharing such a nice information.
    competition
    engineering
    law
    mba
    school
    medical

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am delighted to read this kind of brilliant informative post. Happy to see this article, truly amazing. We are always here for your support related topic I share with you. For more detail visit How to redeem free PSN codes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=2275817107352430673&postID=6006477091067149783&iden-ruse=Blogger&postBody=your+article+is+awesome+always+follow+your+blog+and+found+most+interesting+topics+I+also+start+a+blog+on+your+article+is+awesome+always+follow+your+blog+and+found+most+interesting+topics+I+also+start+a+blog+on+%3Ca+href%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.devote.se%2FHow_to_Use_an_Tunes_%2Finstructions-to-put-my-visa-gift-card-on-itunes-31273232%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3O47vGgp9OhA66-WHqr7nT2CMQWdC7oyr9x2OVu1TVjZpVwyWN1NljtXs%22%3EiTunes+Gift+card%3C%2Fa%3E%0D%0A&publish=+Publish+

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you think and the way you represent your views in this article. I agree with your way of thinking. Thank you for sharing this. I shared useful topic which is important to everything visit how to get free Robux

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post also you can check my work What Are Credit Card Generators?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for such very great information...This is the best sites for proving such kinds of good information click here
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a nice article here with some useful tips for those who are not used-to comment that frequently. Thanks for this helpful information I agree with all the points you have given to us. click here
    Check here

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing. Great post! your article is awesome always follow your blog and found the most interesting topics. I also have something for you to Compress and archive files and data. Winrar
    visit here

    ReplyDelete

  10. Hello im tonny .I have read your all content and its really enthusiastic.I really appreciate you sir.
    Please make the usefull contents like this again.Here you can know about Digital marketing
    I'm sure you will like it.

    ReplyDelete